- A healthy and tasty spaghetti that went well with tuna flakes minus the meat and excessive oil.
What a better way to enjoy spaghetti than to cook it with tuna flakes, the best and healthy alternative for meat. For those who don't want meat, you will surely love this!
I never thought I will like this recipe as I always have this belief that spaghetti only goes well with meat, but I am wrong. I originally got this recipe from my brother and I assure you, it's better than any meat spaghetti you are always having. It's more economical and healthier, so try it and enjoy!
1 spaghetti (1kg)
2 tuna flakes in oil (in can,big,not the flat one)
3 Italian spaghetti sauce (250g)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 big onion,chopped
4 cloves of garlic,minced
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oregano dried leaves
1/4 cup red wine (optional)
How to cook :
1. Boil water with 1 tsp salt. Add spaghetti.
2. Boil uncovered while stirring. Drain well.
3. Drain the tuna flakes from oil.
4. Saute garlic and onion with olive oil.
5. Put the tuna flakes.
6. Mix the grated cheese until it melts. See to it that the tuna flakes is visible, do not pulverized.
7. Put oregano,salt and pepper.
8. Put the spaghetti sauce.
9. Mix with red wine. (optional)
10. Put the spaghetti.
11. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.