Steamed Shrimps and Broccoli with Oyster Sauce
Are you looking for a healthy seafood recipe? You will surely not resist this steamed shrimps and broccoli recipe of mine that I used to serve for my family! The addition of oyster sauce gives this dish a delicious punch! Try it!
Shrimp is one of my favorites and the best seafood I can serve to my family. The nutritious broccoli is what I usually add to my dishes to make our meals healthy. I usually don't fry shrimps, I steam them instead, to keep them moist and vibrant. Steaming also helps retain all the natural flavors and nutrients of the ingredients. I always prefer oyster sauce to my dishes, it fits and is best for seafoods. Here's how I prepare it:
15-20 medium shrimps
2 tablebspoons olive oil
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 medium sized onion,chopped
3 cloves garlic,minced
1. Mix shrimps and soy sauce in a bowl. Transfer them to a heatproof dish together with broccoli florets.
2. Cook in a steamer for 8-10 minutes or until shrimps turn to pink and the broccoli florets are tender.
3. Let the shrimps cool then peel them.
4. Saute onions and garlic with olive oil. Add the shrimps and broccoli.
5. Seasoned with oyster sauce and some salt depending on your taste.
6. Serve hot.
Note: My digicam is not yet available so I got the photo again in google search, I will upload my own photo as soon as my digicam is available, please bear with me, thanks.